Select Page

FAQ – Do I Need An Attorney?

Return to FAQ >>

If your injury is significant, or your damage is substantial, or the question of who is at fault is unclear, you probably need an attorney to represent you.

If you choose, you can attempt to resolve the matter on your own. If you are dealing with an insurance company or a large corporation that is self-insured, they will have a claims adjuster representing its interest. It is the claims adjuster’s job to try to resolve the claim for as little as possible. In order to achieve the best settlement on your own, you will need to send the insurance company documentation of your injuries in the form of medical records or reports, medical bills, loss of earnings and other expenses. If the insurance company refuses to settle the matter, you can always retain an attorney at that time to file a lawsuit. To learn what constitutes legally recognized damages go to What is my case worth?

If a lawsuit needs to be filed, it must be filed within a certain period of time or the claim will be time barred. For related information go to Statute of Limitations: When Must I File My Claim or Lawsuit?

A person can file a lawsuit and represent himself without an attorney. When this happens the person represents himself “in pro per”. Although the law allows an individual to represent himself, a non-lawyer can become easily lost in a maze of legal and procedural rules. For related information go to: What Happens Before, During and After a Lawsuit is Filed?

Cheong, Denove, Rowell, Bennett & Hapuarachy has the extensive resources to handle the most complex legal matters, yet is small enough to offer individualized service to our clients.

We believe the more you know, the better choice you will make.


call for free consultation 310-277-4857

The law firm Cheong, Denove, Rowell, Bennett & Hapuarachy provides legal services to the cities of Irvine, Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, Rancho Cucamonga, Anaheim, Long Beach, Newport Beach, Oceanside, Temecula, Murrieta, Glendale, Santa Barbara, Oxnard, Bakersfield, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Chula Vista, Inglewood, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Van Nuys, Orange County, San Diego County, Imperial County, Kern County, Ventura County, San Bernardino County and Riverside County, California.

The materials appearing on this website are provided for informational use only, and are in no way intended to constitute legal advice of this law firm or any of its attorneys. This website is considered attorney advertising.

Our website has been designed for informational purposes and should not cause you to form an expectation about the results that you may achieve based upon your potential legal claim or issue.


Privacy Policy

Contact Webmaster


CDRBH_Logo 2018

(310) 277-4857

1925 Century Park East, Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA

Contact webmaster: Sumner M. Davenport & Assoc.